If you have been looking for that perfect way to get rid of unwanted hair, you may want to consider laser hair removal. While there are many technologies available, Candela GentleMax Pro has emerged as one of the better options out there. Candela’s patented Dynamic Cooling Device™ (DCD™) ensures that you don’t feel any discomfort during the procedure. Clinics like Laser & Skin Care Center promise adequate safety during each session, and you can always contact them for personalized advice. In this post, we are sharing before & after instructions before you step in for a session.
- Avoid all kinds of tanning activities, including tanning booths, for at least four weeks before your appointment. Make sure you use sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30 before stepping out.
- You may have to avoid skincare products that contain glycolic acid, retinol, and other actives, which can make your skin photosensitive.
- Do not go for other laser treatments, facial peels, or strong skincare products for a minimum of two weeks.
- Do not wax, bleach, or pluck the targeted area for at least two weeks. Shaving is okay, but do not shave too close to the skin.
- Make sure that your skin is clean and dry before you go for the procedure. Do not apply any perfume or makeup on the targeted area.
- You may notice redness, swelling, and inflammation immediately after the treatment. Please note that these are minor side effects that only last for two to three days.
- While your provider will apply a cool compress immediately after using the laser, you can use ice packs on the targeted area for the next few hours with periodic gaps.
- Unless recommended by the aesthetician, do not use makeup products.
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning booths for at least a couple of weeks. If you are stepping out, always use sunscreen with a higher SPF.
- Do not bleach or wax the area after the treatment.
Other things to know
Your aesthetician will usually schedule the next session after a gap of four to eight weeks. Ensure you follow the instructions as suggested during the break and do not use harsh skincare agents or peels. There are limited side effects associated with Candela GentleMax Pro hair removal, but if you face any concerns or your skin doesn’t heal after three days, talk to your provider. There is no downtime associated with laser hair removal.