When choosing the best high quality fabric we need to feel comfortable. We need to find fabrics that are lightweight and breathable. Those with a higher quality will feel softer and better than low quality fabrics. We need to consider the durability of the fabric, whether it’s resistant to tears or stains. It will also be important that it has a longer lifespan so we have time to replace it before wearing holes develop. When choosing fabric you should keep in mind what type of activity you are going to use the shirt for and how long you plan on using it for.
What is High quality fabric?
High quality fabric usually feels lighter due to the higher thread count. The material should be soft, comfortable on the skin and not itchy. It will normally feel softer to the touch and more durable. Higher quality shirts will normally last longer than lower quality shirts. When deciding if you have a high or low quality shirt you will need to look at different areas of the shirt to determine this.
Where should you start?
When choosing high quality fabric you will need to start looking at the material itself. We need to examine the thread count. The higher the thread count, the higher the quality of fabric you have. Denier is another thing to look for because it will give us that idea of its weight and thickness. This is important when we are looking for durability in our clothing so we know it won’t be easily ripped or torn when worn during our activity or sports.
How to choose it?
- Quality: You need to look at a fabric’s quality. The higher the quality, the better it will feel. We will want to purchase 100% cotton and if possible we want it to be organic. We do want to avoid fabrics with artificial dyes and other chemicals that can cause allergic reactions such as skin irritation.
- Colour: We do want to select a colour that we want or need. You can also look online or at different stores to see what colour is available and pick one that you like.
- Size: It is important that we get the right sized clothing. We need to know our size so we don’t have to order larger sizes than what we really need or if it fits ok, then we do not have to order something for a smaller size that looks funny on us. If you are going to be active in sports, workout or other activities, it is very important that you wear the correct size of clothing. If you have a muscular built and sportive body type, then bigger clothes will be more comfortable for you.
- Brand: If we are buying this shirt for an activity, we will have to find a brand that has a high quality and lasting material as well as fit.
- Price/Cost: You will want to decide if your budget allows for the price of the shirt or if there are other shirts out there with similar qualities at a lower cost of purchase that can work just as well too.