No matter which sports you play, you have to protect your eyes. The secret behind every successful tournament is the appropriate outfit and the health of your eyes. Playing outdoors, you have to take care of suitable sports glasses for volleyball, basketball, or any other activity. The usual sunglasses will not suit this purpose.
Why You Need Special Sunglasses Doing Sports
Sports sunglasses, as well as sports glasses, differ from those you wear daily. They are more resistant to sports activities and may become an advantage during the event. Here are the main benefits of specific eye protection during sports games:
- Sports sunglasses keep your eyes unharmed. There are 30 000 eye injuries in sports in the US every year. However, the National Academy of Ophthalmology claims that these injuries could be easily avoided with appropriate glasses. Contact lenses may not be as suitable as protective glasses during sports activities. Sunglasses made for sports have a double mission. They need to protect your eyes from traumas that can be made by fast-moving objects, as well as from UV rays;
- Sports sunglasses cover your eyes not only from UV rays but from snow and water too. You don’t want to stop everything you are doing just because the sand got in your eye;
- Durable and lightweight. Sunglasses you usually wear can be of any shape and weight you want. Specifically designed glasses for sports are weightless and still strong enough to handle the pressure of extra movements you provide. They must not distract you during the competition;
- Extra fit. The frames must strongly fit your face. Sunglasses must not slip away whenever you are running or jumping because you have to move a lot. Don’t forget that you will be sweating and your face will be slippery as well;
- You can choose the most suitable lenses for you that will add clarity of vision, offer contrast, or provide depth. There are different tints that can be used to improve your movements or to calculate the specific angle you need to aim to reach success;
- Sports sunglasses usually have a no-fog feature. Make sure you have one of them, so you don’t need to take them off and wipe them during the game. You can also order the vented option. It is evident that during intense moments the humidity inside the glasses can rise up. You need to be sure that you will not have blurred vision at the least appropriate moment for this.
Sports Sunglasses for Everyone
You don’t have to be a professional sportsman to pick the sunglasses you need while playing volleyball or basketball outdoors. You will find lots of benefits for you if you ride the bike in such sunglasses. They fit perfectly and protect the eyes from any possible damage. There are numerous stories about the benefits of sports sunglasses, yet, you have to find your own specific model that suits your situation. Check out the way sunglasses can improve your sports achievements.